- The terms and conditions below apply to all consulting services provided by On the Journey to Better, LLC (OTJTB), any individual or organization (“the client”) and constitute the contract for the service to be provided by OTJTB for the client. The term “mentoring” or “consulting” as here used covers career guidance and business assistance for clients where applicable includes guiding or supervision services provided by the OTJTB staff.
- Mentoring and consulting are not psychological counseling or any type of therapy, and should not be construed as such.
- The date of purchase of any services provided by OTJTB shall be deemed to be the start date for the service. Where any client is unhappy with any of the terms and conditions they can contact OTJTB to discuss concerns and see if they can be resolved before the first session or any other service. Participation by any individual in the first session constitutes acceptance of the these terms and conditions.
Responsibility & Commitment
On the Journey to Better, LLC will seek to enable and assist the client in setting and achieving goals that will help to bring about the desired outcomes for the client. The client has the sole responsibility for any decisions they may make, following consulting with OTJTB. OTJTB accepts no liability for any loss incurred by any client, whether financial or otherwise, following commencement of consulting services for any perceived failure by the client, whether justified or otherwise, to achieve material improvement in the quality of life or to achieve their desired outcomes and goals.
Clarity & Style
- OTJTB will discuss with the client their preferred style of interaction. The client has the right to talk openly and candidly with OTJTB consultants, and is encouraged to discuss any concerns they may have with OTJTB in any area of the consulting process. OTJTB welcomes openness and honesty.
- Feedback about the services is welcomed and can be given during a session or by writing the consultant representing OTJTB.
- OTJTB is continually striving to ensure the standard of service it provides to its clients remains outstanding. At the end of the consulting process or series of sessions, the client may be asked to complete a feedback form.
- Personal information or business informaiton supplied to OTJTB by the client for consulting sessions will be treated as confidential. It will not be disclosed to a third party without the client’s prior permission, save when required by law.
- All documentation and information relating to the client will be held according to the Data Protection 1998, except as permitted by the client in writing or as required by law.
- The schedule will be arranged between OTJTB and the client and can be booked up to 1 month in advance. OTJTB will recommend the frequency of sessions based on a professional assessment of the client’s requirements. This recommendation, or plan, is not binding and may be altered and adjusted throughout the journey by mutual agreement, in accordance with the terms set out in this agreement. Sessions can only be rearranged in accordance with the section in these terms and conditions headed “Rearranging Sessions”.
- The number of sessions will be agreed at the start of coaching between OTJTB and the client and confirmed by OTJTB by email or written correspondence. Where no specific number is agreed, sessions will be provided on a session by session basis. Full payment is due before or at the first session unless otherwise agreed and specified with the client. Additional sessions can be booked thereafter.
- The length of each session is usually 1 hour but will vary based on the service offered by OTJTB to the client.
- Sessions will take place between the client and their consultant face-to-face (venue by mutual agreement), via Zoom or by telephone (client calls consultant).
- OTJTB may assign the client tasks or exercises to complete between sessions. Not completing these tasks may slow the client’s progress in gaining improved quality of experience or achieving desired business or personal outcomes. Where possible, clients are requested to submit any information requested by OTJTB relating to assignments at least 24 hours before the session when they are to be discussed. OTJTB will provide feedback on completed assignments during sessions.
- The client may contact OTJTB by phone or email between sessions to share a success or seek clarification on a related issue. Support between sessions is seen by OTJTB as a necessary part of the mentoring process. OTJTB will always advise a client in advance if the nature of a client’s contact is likely to incur an additional charge, and no such charges will be imposed without the client’s agreement.
Conditions permitted to the performance of the speaker
- The Client shall make sure that the venue is appropriately lit and ventilated, and shall be suitable for Speaker presentation. The Client shall fully indemnify Speaker against any injury or damages arising out of or as a result of the event.
- The number of people attending the meeting, as mentioned in the agreement, is binding. If the number of attendees exceeds this number, The Speaker has the right to either cancel the engagement or to attach further Terms and Conditions.
- Information on this website, including photo material, may be used by the Client to promote the event. OTJTB can provide extra material (photographs, press folder) if available. The conditions shall be agreed upon separately.
- No recordings (sound or video) shall be made during the Speaker contribution, without OTJTB expressed prior written consent on the Speaker’s behalf.
- Speaker’s name and likeness may not be used as an endorsement of any product or service or for any advertising or other commercial purpose other than the event itself, without OTJTB’s expressed prior written consent on the Speaker’s behalf.
- In return for the fees payable by the client (or by a third party on their behalf), OTJTB agrees to provide the service as described below and in accordance with the terms and conditions set out below. The client agrees to pay fees for the service on the terms and conditions set out below (in situations where a third party pays the fees, the third party counts as an agent acting on behalf of the client).
- Fees can be paid online using the Paypal payments systems or money transfer online platforms. Where receipts are requested by the client, they will be sent by e-mail unless otherwise requested
- Fees are payable in advance of each session unless otherwise agreed. Where payment has not been received by OTJTB in advance of a session OTJTB is not obliged to provide the session.
Cancellation & Rearranging Sessions
- If the client needs to rearrange a session or event, they should provide at least 24 hours’ notice. No refunds will be given to clients for unused consulting sessions unless 24 hours’ notice has been given. In exceptional circumstances OTJTB may need to rearrange a session or event; in these circumstances, OTJTB will use reasonable endeavours to provide a mutually satisfactory alternative appointment or event date with the client.
- In exceptional circumstances, such as illness or unavailability due to bereavement or other commitments, inappropriate behavior by the client, actual or potential conflict of interest, or other reasons, OTJTB can decide to terminate the service to the client early or refuse or be unable to provide further sessions or speaker services to the client. In such a circumstance the client will be given reasonable notice of termination by OTJTB where practicable and will be refunded any advance payments made for sessions not yet provided.
- There may be occasions when OTJTB may recommend to the client that they seek an alternative service more suited to their current needs. In this event, OTJTB will fully discuss the reasons for the recommendation with the client. It is the client’s sole responsibility to decide whether to follow the recommendation and OTJTB does not accept any liability for the outcome of any decisions the client chooses to make.